View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 08:40 AM   #166
wayne b good
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

I did this about a year ago and am happy with it. Bimmergeeks and Bimmerlabs are pretty awesome. I suggest you download all the software and make sure it works for you, that was my biggest obstacle really. Had my desktop down in the garage because the laptop wouldn't cooperate.

As far as that manifold goes, it seems to pricey, but . . . they says the DISAS are tested and working = BIG PLUS. Those are stupid expensive. It also has that heated PCV hose on the right side, those break easily, are a pain to replace and not cheap either. I would expect its cracked, but if not then it is a valuable piece of insurance in case yours cracks during the process. Some people say to just buy them to have them just in case. There is another one on the under side, but I don't see it in the pictures. It also has the BMW cover.
The mods mentioned are probably just for the small parts change over. My manifold was from an X5 and I had to swap brackets and stuff over, not a big deal.
It may actually be worth the price.

All I will add is that some cars, I think earlier ones like mine, had the oil separator under the manifold and some are above it. There is like a Y shaped PCV hose involved there. i know nothing about that; check under your hood thoroughly before buying and there are fixes for the mismatched hoses thing if you research it.
Familiarize yourself with bimmerlabs if you are going to DIY your ECU flash. or look into Active Autowerk. Turner has a flash tune, but it is DIY, Active Autowerk (AA) uses "delaers", approved shops. There is some level of guarantee in that since a tech will be doing the work for you.
Appreciate 0