Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Thanks for the info.

As a general question... There are different temp ratings for the duct hose. Given I track the car fairly regularly and am heavy on brakes with a BBK, which temp spec would be needed:
275 F
300 F
550 F

The costs go up appreciably, so I don't want to buy anything unnecessary. Plus I would prefer the optics of a black hose, but not if it's going to be problematic. I did read that the 550 F hose should be used for a track car.

As a kit specific question... I am not sure I understand the hose routing. When I look inside the wheel well, I don't see how hose can run from the stock air duct to the inside edge of the brake disc without interfering with the tires. How is the hose routed?

How do I go about ordering? Send you a PM?

Cheers,
Eamonn
Don't worry about the hose, it won't melt even with the cheapest one. Durability though...

The hose routing will require cutting away some plastic at the front bumper, you'll see once you remove/fold away the wheel well liner. I route my hose on along the control arm, but each to their own.