07-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTK View Post
Been waiting for this for a while, great news!! I'm in, but also have a few questions I sent to Andre via pm, perhaps it's easier for everyone if he answers them all here and the others on this thread. Like eggman I also have the AP kit with the 32mm disc, which can cause issues even with the standard backing plate around the knuckle area.

What additional fixings are needed?
What are the 2 brackets on the floor for?
Does the backing plate cover the steering knuckle area?
What length of hose would you recommend?
Is there much advantage to having the pieces printed in CFRP? (I've measured my discs at around 600c)
When you say "Minor modifications to the brackets might be needed." do you mean the brackets that you have supplied?
I answered the PM as well, but I'll post it here also so everyone can see.

"You will need hose clamps, hose, some bolts/nuts/shims and a few screws. Just some regular stuff.

The 2 metal pieces on the floor is for mounting the front bumper ducts to the OEM mounting points.

The bracking plate covers the steering knuckles, that's why they look the way they do. But at the same time I have cut away as much material as I can to keep them light.

I haven't mounted this kit on my own car, but on my Z3 coupe I needed a little over 2 meters. I would buy 3 meter to be safe.

The CFRP is 20% stiffer according to the manufacturer, so it can be made lighter and be just as strong as the other plastic I use. But no, CFRP is not needed. Temperature vise it's not much of a difference.

Minor modifications is for the brackets that come with the kit. I'm almost 100% sure you won't need to modify them. But see it as a disclaimer to avoid unsatisfied customers."