Oldmcst
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 3.0I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsend76 View Post
Some people try with a credit card and hitting eject at the same time.. and some try this;

While engine is running, turn the radio off. Press the Mode button. Press the eject button.

Also, maybe remove your battery negative for a few minute..

Just some sugestion here good luck!
Well, I've done all that and removed the battery neg.
BIG MISTAKE!! It did nothing for the CD, but, now the top will no longer power down. It just releases the locks and sits there. I did all the checks I could find and finally got it to power down, but it will not raise with power. The motor just hums. This top has worked just fine for the year that I've had it and the car only gets washed by me at home. I don't think it a water problem.
Of course all the memory was lost in the computer and I'm unable to set the clock. All else seems to be OK.
I find it had to believe just unhooking the battery would cause such a problem. I discovered after the fact that if I had just hooked a Battery Tender to the batt. cables there would have been no problem.
I've checked all the top issue posts that I can find re: hydraulic fluid leak, water problem, micro switch replacement, etc. I think there has to be a more simple answer to my conundrum.
I'm developing a real Love/Hate relationship with this car. BMW engineers just don't seem to KISS!!! (keep it simple stupid).

Any suggests from anyone is tremendously appreciated.
Appreciate 0