02-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #11
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurus View Post
Hell yeah man, i saw them on your IG. I'm excited to see what he comes up with on the rear diffuser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9218 View Post
I'm just getting started on a track build and will need hood vents. I like these type of vents. Lots of flexibility and doesn't require a new hood. Our hoods are aluminum, so there is no benefit to a carbon hood.

My thoughts for these vents is to mount two inside the crease and two outside. Long narrow type. Maybe 4" x 10". I would also prefer to put them on the underside of the hood if I can do a clean job of cutting the holes. I think it would look good if I could flip them upside down so the long side of the slates are pointing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
Never been a fan of vents although I've owned several cars that had them.

On many cars they do little for temperature, so it is only an appearance mod, in which case they are usually installed too far back because people think they look better that way, but are ironically in the high pressure are in front ot the windshield, often resulting in air flow going the wrong way, into the engine by rather than out.

They can also cause maintenance issues when the drip water onto engine bits resulting in water marking of engine bits and occasional shorting out of high tension bits.

I've owned Jensen Interceptors that had louvered hoods and those with unlouvered versions and both seemed to cool about the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
that does look fantastic, how about some pics of the underside??

and some better detail shots with a decent camera if poss.

tis hood is a very rare item, its very expensive and very light weight as is..... to cut it... the item must be PERFECt.

i THINK the best solution is the carbon VRS unit and store the stocker away..... However this does look ACE.
Here are some pictures I took. Its iphone crap camera. Sorry.

Here is also some testing that he did at willow springs. He said he tried in varios different cars, and all cars showed similar data.
As you can see, the vents for the z4m sits more towards the middle of the hood, because of where the radiator is positioned. The vents sits perfectly after the radiator.
There were some friends with e46 who had the vents too, and everybody said that the z4m looked the best so i was happy to hear that haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0