02-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
The BMW CCA seems to have a ton of rules that are making me not want to run their HPDEs. I was about to sign up for a NJ BMW CCA event at Monticello but then I came to find out that they will not let you run if you have window tints. WhenI asked why I was told that it because following drivers need to be able to see through your rear window to cars in front. Now I don't know about you but I am never looking through the rear window of the car infront to cars in front of that car. Hell with the M Coupe I would argue that it is almost impossible for a following driver to look through my rear window at track speeds even with no tint since the actual space you can look through is the size of a mail slot. And looking through the mail slot is only possible if you are in a car as low as the M Coupe. If you in a higher car you just going to be looking over the roof. They said I could bring my car to the NJ Chapter tech inspector cause it is a case by case issue but I think I am just going to stick with PCA track days. Better group of cars, instructors, they don't have all these weird rules and the best part is they are cheaper! I us signed up for a two day HPDE at NJMP for only $275! Good thing I have a PCA membership.. I might even not renew my BMW CCA membership now. It might be worth it just for the magazine but other then that I use the PCA membership more.
I actually agree with the no-tint rule and don't tint mine on principal. Not only do I need to be able see out and around from all directions, but drivers behind me need to be able to see me pre-signal (tap the mirror) that I'll be letting them pass in the next passing zone (not that this happens very often )