02-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #38
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Performance Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewyjr15 View Post
aside from my diet and exercise are there any pills i can take that are healthy and will help with wight loss. I am exercising 7 days a week and have been put on a diet by a nutritionist that i am sticking to. Would just rather loose the fat so i can start building muscle.

thanks
OP, There are a number of things you could be doing wrong. First, exercising 7 days a week is a big no no. Your body needs to recover in between. Muscle builds during recovery, NOT during the act of exercising. Second, lean muscle burns more calories at rest than does fat. What you should do is tailor a work out plan to progressively increase difficulty. Mix cardio with weights (one by itself wouldn't be enough to shed pounds the way you want). You really need to muster up some discipline to do those extra five minutes on the elliptical or those 5 extra reps. That being said, interval training works wonders on the cardio machines or even on a run, and power sets really help in building lean muscle. You must change your routine every so often and make it more difficult, otherwise your body will adapt and you'll stop seeing gains.
As for your diet, it's OK to allow yourself a cheat day, or even a few (and I must emphasize a FEW) bites of your favorite dessert. Studies have shown that people who try to quit their favorite foods cold turkey fail miserably. If you allow yourself a bite every so often, you won't miss the food and give in to temptation. You should STOP eating when you begin feeling full. If you can, eat slowly, as it takes your stomach about 20 minutes to tell your brain that it's full. By then, you've probably overeaten already. One last note, to see effective weight loss, you should be burning more calories a day than you consume. If you can't spend more than am hour at the gym, consider taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walk more or ride a bike to work on occasion (if work is not too far, of course) and ride that bike or run to the gym.
Overall, discipline is what will get you through this. Once you find that right balance of nutrition and exercise, you should be able to maintain no problem.

And lastly, for the poster who said that diet pills are for chicks, you should really consider not generalizing and putting every "chick" in that category. Many men struggle with weight gain and opt for the same easy out as females.

Last edited by Shadow_Phantom12; 02-13-2009 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0