View Single Post
      09-24-2023, 08:26 PM   #132
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Working through it one area at a time. The model currently printing (completing sometime tomorrow afternoon) should be the confirmation print for the area that receives and cradles the actual android unit.

While this is printing i am working on a version that shifts the unit as far forward and down as i possibly can. The android cradle base is actually wider than the existing nav hole and would require a slight widening of the hole if you wanted to drop the unit lower and rotate the face to vertical instead of tilted back. This is my aim.

We actually have a bit of room where we can make the hole a bit bigger and still have the existing navigation trim cover the hole should we want to roll back to a stock setup.

I modeled up the dash and opening to use as a template for the model (dash is in green) along with the mounting holes and leftside guide tab. You can see the overlap circled in red as well as green popping through in the other viiews as well. This is the area that would need to be cut out to allow the unit to shift further down and forward.

After confirming the current print i will produce one as shown in the pics to test for the shift i described and then perform the actual cutting if it looks to be the case. The three mounting holes in the rear will have to be dealt with as well. I have them located but need to work up a clean method of fastening and concealment.

Slow and steady.
Attached Images

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 2