View Single Post
      10-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
ryanchua
Z4MC Sapphire Black
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 570-4SL

Update:

I fitted back my stock resonators. Found the low end slugginess too much for me to bear. Had been driving for over 3 weeks with the custom X-pipe and it SUCKED ASS.

There seemed to be a perpetual flat spot of acceleration from 40-80 and if you're in the wrong gear, you would need to wait till your needle climbed to 5500 rpm and above before it would actually start pulling hard. Hated it. Took out all the fun in the car to be honest.

Fitted back the stock resonators(x-pipe) and the car felt like i did a software upgrade instead. I didn't opt for the tuning as i was in half a mind to go for a supercharger upgrade. I'm going to keep my car as it is, just the KKS mufflers. It sounds all nice and good now. With the custom straight through X-pipe it sounded, like a really bad civic.

For those who are running muffler deletes, if anyone has dyno numbers (or links) to them, feel free to post them here and specify your software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
i think your dyno is contrary to what has been posted about muffler deletes by laidback and RPI dynos...They found to lose some 20hp on top w/ no tuning...I'm wondering if it's b/c they didn't let the dme tune itself?? Did you drive in open mode for the 500km for the dyno?

BMW.SG - Singapore's Ultimate BMW Enthusiast Community

Last edited by ryanchua; 10-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: edited for spelling and clarification.
Appreciate 0