MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Meh, ot appreciates more.

To be honest, I am not a fan of the system. I think it's favoring women and sadly some vendors seem to think us with higher rep score could be a useful help for marketing. I've had a few of them contacting me and I am running out of kind ways to say I want to buy the stuff I want in my car so I can if needed to say I have no taste and that I'm an idiot.
Very true.
I don't know too much here, but people who are respected, well knowledgeable, high post counts (also rep count for some forums) will get sponsorship deals from industrial partners/sponsors of the forum.

Personally, If I were you, i would take it, but with your own terms and conditions. It will give you more opportunity to write un-bias on the products, write more car stuff on top of it.

Some "well known members" on some forums also put YouTube video of product reviews, and post mostly good reviews. [If you want] You also get free high quality photos of your vehicles on a photo shoot, but 1 down side is that they can use that pic for their marketing.

One sad part out of all the good part is that some (not all) vendors probably prefer enthusiast to be female, because it is male dominated forum.
I am not a fan of this, but I do understand vendors trying to promote hot ladies to promote their goods.

I've seen some hot gals on forum promote products, and trying to lure them into their fb/instagram/etc. Then they try to promote their store as well in order to not pay the small portion of ind. partner/promotor's fee.

My marketing strategy is different. If I have time to hire a attractive knowledgeable female etail marketing person, i would rather surf the internet and try to find a better bulk deals, so that I can give forum members or any etail websites with better pricing.

Better price > avg price+hot attractive female marketing coordinators.
Appreciate 1