DaveL--2mnycars
Iron Ring
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3Cab/SMG/Dinan-Sold;335CabSld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
Dave,

Well, if the Hathaway House is too large, you could live in the guest house and rent out the larger one. Preferably to my wife and me! However, even though the original carriage house has been converted to an automobile garage, I don't think it would be big enough to meet our combined needs…

I didn't realize that you had lived in the U.S. for a while. Virginia is a beautiful place. And the winters are much more tolerable than in Canada!

Rick

I was a Navy brat. By grade 11, I had gone to 11 schools. My Father was an Airman, enlisting in the RC Air Force in '35 or so. He took leave, and went to university, where he received Army training...In '40? He joined the Wavy Navy and was assigned as a radar officer on cruisers in the Royal Navy serving in the Mediterranean. He wrote a book and published it just before his death in '93. He had retired as a Captain in the Royal Canadian Navy.

Perhaps that is why I enjoyed those years. I got to know my Father a little. I hadn't thought that through before.

My wife's cars: Had a few... I'm the Navigator, capable of getting us lost at any time! Drives are longer!
Appreciate 0