View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #45
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
Ok - being that the Z4M front rotor fits the 3.0si, and the 335i front caliper fits with fairly good and even tolerances, does anyone have any photos showing that the Z4M front caliper can/can't fit the 3.0si?

I've read some posts saying it can't, but there was no measurements or actual data to show this (seems just hearsay). Can anyone positively confirm?

Reason I ask - I'm looking to piece together some other components for the front, and knowing what can/can't fit will help me determine what else I can swap over. If a Z4M caliper can fit up front, then I can follow some of the E46 M3 upgrade paths for the front system without issue.

I may be able to mix/match parts from Stoptech to move up to a 355mm system knowing this info. Since no one makes a 355mm upgrade to the 3.0si (or E46 330i from what I've seen), I may have to piece something together.

Am I not happy with my current brakes? No. Why do I want to do this? Because Racecar
#1st world problems!

Looks like there's not much difference in cost between the Z4M and 335 calipers based on FCP Euro pricing. Might have a better chance finding E90 calipers used though......