United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Nice try at turning this into "changing to stay ahead of the competition". How about addressing his lack of creating a beautiful and different design rather than what we have which is different and ugly design?
Those are all subjective statements. We all find different things beautiful or ugly......tasty or nasty.....etc. There are no definitive answers when it comes to subjective things.
Right… just like Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johansson, or Jennifer Lopez are "subjectively" attractive. There are underlying themes which cause us to see "beauty." One may be more important to you than I but there's certain shared commonalities. I understand what you're trying to get at but you have to call a spade a spade when you see one. And this is a Fugly one.

The most poignant line I took away from his commentary was this: "If you are no longer successful, people will immediately start saying you need to make changes, but then you are in panic mode." This is where they're at right now, or about to be. The poop is about to hit the fan in Munich. They're already under pressure considering their failed (in their eyes) EV/hybrid rollout. Seems like a bad time to start messing with design language at this point but we've seen failures happen before. It's just a hard pill to swallow for those of us who enjoyed those shared design commonalities for so long before this.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0