View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #44
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
So finally got all the mounts/bolts/seal done. PLUS the dreaded CDV ! All I can say is WOW ! Combined with the previously done Clutch Stop, it's like night and day with the feel of the shift from 1st to 2nd. Picked up car, from local indy, which I can walk to in 10 minutes. Drove below 4K to let her warm up for a bit. Then came up to a stop sign, right turn onto a 40mph main road. Slipped her into 1st like warm butter, gave her a healthy dose of gas while letting off the Clutch Stop real quick, tapped the CS, slipped into second....no hesitation, no jerkiness, NO DELAY ! Just was like a clutch is SUPPOSED to feel ! Felt a lot less pressure on the clutch. I detected NO NVH. As you can see in the pic, my right side original 56K mile/06 OEM MM were very different coming out. The OEM tranny mounts were slightly different from each other as well, though the pic doesn't pick it up so well. They were warped to one side though. One was slightly taller than the other. So happy to have my drive line tight. Plus the CDV has been bothering me since I first learned of it being in the car, which was about a week after I bought it, less than 4 months ago. Also, I should have proper pressure to the upper cylinder/vanos, now that I have a 400* CPV seal in. Mine of course was leaking. Now what to do about tranny/diff fluid change. So much conflicting/confusing info out there. Any opinions from someone that's been there, done that over time would be appreciated, my Blackstone 8 sample bottles came this week. I'm doing oil/tranny/diff analysis. Me and this car are in for the long haul. Love this car !
Attached Images

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 03-24-2017 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0