01-31-2023, 12:24 PM   #6
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Prices have cooled a bit but Porsche's are sort of holding station. If you're getting one, look or the model (I think 2009-2015??) with the 9A1 engine. You should still do a bore scope though TBH very unusual with that engine in it's smallest guise.

Just make sure it's what you want, they are very tight, Z4 a legit option with a straight 6.
Part of the problem is finding the variations to test drive. So far I have only been able to drive a base 718 manual. I did get to drive a 718 auto base and s back to back. When I did that I recall feeling like I would be fine with a base and did not feel like I needed the added power of the S. I was able to drive a previous gen (maybe like 2015 or 2016) base cayman manual, but honestly it was hard to say because I think the car was modified. Definitely had an obnoxiously loud after market exhaust and maybe suspension. I think it might have felt a bit underpowered compared to the 718s but again hard to tell because stuff had definitely been done to it.

Dealer where I bought my Cayenne has a manual 718 GTS in but it's apparently been going through the CPO processes for weeks now so haven't been able to check it out. Would love the GTS 4.0 but those are out of my price range.

Would be nice to drive a Z4M again also since its been a long time since I owned mine. I still recall it being my favorite car I've owned, but who knows, my memory is shit.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9731.00