View Single Post
      05-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #26
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

I just got my car back a couple of days ago with some work done and AA tune (Intake, Header and exhaust). I couldn't turn down the offer since my AA dealer said "Drive with it, if you don't like it, I give you your money back. Plus, I get it to you for cheap!" I said go ahead and they got it done in the same afternoon.

I unplugged the battery overnight and reset the throttle. 200+km so far.

pal is right! the drivability is much MUCH improved. There is definitely more torque that is useable on the street. I felt the differences as driving off the parking lot. Some streets that I drove everyday felt different in power, shift point and rpm. It's less twitchy in climbing the rpm and it seems to rev a bit quicker.

I'm happy with the tune. The power delivery is so much smoother now and there's more torque around 2k~3.2k range. I just need to drive it more to have the ECU to adapt to the tune. (I have the 7100 rpm drop off, too when I was pulling all the way to redline)

Track day this summer, I'll know more after those sessions. All I can say right now: AA tune is smooth and more torque for the street.

Is it money well spent? YES! I feel better driving it, I want to drive it more and it's more fun at cruising speed.
Appreciate 0