View Single Post
      07-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #210
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Thanks everyone. Lots of learning to do!

I did measure brake temps after a cool down lap:
Fr rotor/caliper: 560/360F
Rr rotor/caliper: 370/255F

Both these tracks never gave me brake issues for some reason. Had SRF in it, but since I wasn't coming in hot into any corner, was barely using them (unlike Pocono). Still on this setup:
-335i front floating calipers/Z4M front rotors/2.5" cooling ducts to front/Brass caliper guide pins-no rubber boot
-135i rear fixed caliper/Z4M rear rotors (custom brake shoes to make it all work on the 3.0si)
-PFC08 pads all around

We had ~40mph winds on a torrential downpour around 11am, fooded the entire pit-road access area with 18" of water. It drained after 30minutes. A few trailers rammed into vehicles from the wind. I was in my truck and started to really fear for what would happen. Wind plus flat wide trailer = easy sail! I had chocked my trailer right before the storm. Storm came back around 3pm (10mile radius of lightning forces track to shut down) and another evil wind driven downpour ensued. This is why they call these tracks "Thunderbolt and Lightning" ? lol

By not running boost on the straights, I had more time to think and plan the next corner, entry speed, and focus. That helped tremendously as I wasn't trying to brake for my life at every instant. I actually let the entire pack pass me the first 2 laps so I can focus, and I have video showing me passing everyone by the next few laps. Not to say my driving ability is supreme, but that I think I was carrying a good pace being a bit more relaxed.

Wish I had more sessions to continue working on this - got cut short by the weather.

Last edited by dre99gsx; 07-28-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0