Thread: Wood Watches
View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I've always wanted to try a wood watch. Because of this thread, I settled on a Jord watch. I bought the Hyde in ebony. Love the watch except I wish the hands and the indicies were brighter. Not sure why when you want a black/ebony watch that designers feel the need to make everything dark.

Anyways, the watch came in an entirely wood box with a drawer where you store the dessicant to pull moisture out of the watch. Jord also included a wood conditioner in a pen to maintain the wood material along with a couple of microfiber cloths. Very satisified with the watch. You can't even tell it's a wood watch unless you hold it and look at it closely.

In regards to the links, Jord uses pin and retainer sleeve system. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out how the watch band was put together. I was able to use the tools on hand to resize the band. Although one of the retainer sleeves got stretched and won't lock on to the pin anymore. I think I just need to compress it with some pliers to get it to grip the pin again.
Appreciate 0