pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
Pungo... I think this is the big question here. Based on the above - Is it actually possible to use the tools you have at your disposal to recode the amp? I ask out of ignorance....

If they are codeable.... then we load up M's with your favorite beer and all head for MD!
I think the dealer has to have it in the right car to code it because they are using the idiot proof s/w so they can't screw things up.

The s/w I'm using is intended for the engineers at BMW, so it allows you to do anything, even recode a E86 module to E85 specs.

The module I think that needs to be recoded is called the "DSP_E85.C02" even if it's in a E85 or E86. I read this module in from my E86 and changed all the values that had E86 to E85. I will recode my E86 with this new file and listen to the difference. I have a sound pressure meter that I will use so I can measure the difference besides just by my ears. Did you notice louder bass frequencies when you swapped to the E85 coded amp?

Here is diff file showing all the differences after I changed the values to E85.
Attached Files
File Type: txt E85-DSP_E85.C02-TraceDifferences.txt (20.7 KB, 446 views)
Appreciate 0