pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
i'd use mine as a guinea pig again but i'm already into this project for a few bucks, and dont want to spend anymore if possible considering i'm happy as is. but i'd be a guinea pig if I could do it @ zero cost.
If you have a laptop and get a $12 VAG-COM cable with TL232RL chip then you could experiment. I'd really like to see the settings on the E85 and E83 DSP module. On top of that, the cable would allow you to read and clear error codes and run all kinds of diagnostics on your car.

Oh, I forgot I heard sometime in 2007-08 or so BMW changed the communication bus from K-LINE to D-CAN and the $12 cable only works with L-LINE. D-CAN requires a $50-$80 cable, but will also work with K-LINE too. Though, I wonder if BME bothered changing to D-CAN on the Z4 since it was the last year for that body. Too bad you don't live closer, I could try my cable on your car. I'm just on the west side of baltimore.

Though not related to this topic, I recoded triple blink turn signal, removed freeze warning buzzer, windows up with remote, decreased service interval from 25000km to 15000kl, remove buzzer for key in ign switch when door opens, activated tilt sensor(which dealer did not do, when they said they did) and a few other things.
Appreciate 0