View Single Post
      11-23-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
2skiddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Thanks for the interest, I know a few of you are building modified cars, hence my post, hopefully it might be of help.
It is a long story, this project has taken over 6 years, even longer since the original conception! I will try and update the events on here when I get chance.
I had a Z4MC GT4 race car prior to this one, which was great BTW, but having seen the Red Bull Z4 MC GTR win at Silverstone Britcar 24Hours, previously, I really wanted one, it looked soooooo good! I considered modifying my GT4 car to GTR/VLN spec, BUT, this involved major modification, so I thought it best to sell the GT4 car as that was quite rare in its own right, and try to acquire a VLN/GTR. I narrowly missed buying a race car in Germany, so I entered negotiation with BMW Motorsport to purchase the unused partially built up shell, that I had heard about and was in their storage facility in Munich. This was not straightforward, so in the meantime, I bought a road going white Z4MC, to possibly modify as a fall back, incase I didn't make the purchase. Yes I was going to cut up a road car and convert it into a dedicated track car, it would be major mods ahead, I did the homework, and yes it was daunting! I can do it, just hard work, not the easiest route. Fortunately, I managed to purchase the shell from BMW Motorsport, who have already done all the mods on the shell, saving me a lot of time, and the mods are really quite extensive. This is where the fun starts.
Appreciate 0