04-19-2022, 05:59 AM   #107
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
So if they did hide it well and they don't need to show them no one would know apart from other teams who know what to look for in the way the car handles and even if they were discovered by inspection then probably nothing would become of it.
I'm just keeping the basics as I can't see a team wanting to let on anything if they don't have to and if they are discovered then so what?
Well technically they can't hide it well because cars are subject to random tests where they are teared down to their individual pieces, and if the parts don't match the FIA CAD data on the car (which are updated during show and tell when the teams bring in parts - previously whenever new parts were brought in) then they will be DQ'ed. So if a team hid parts, and the FIA inspected the car and compared it to the last CAD models supplied by the team, which will not show the upgrades because they were hiding it, then they will be dq'ed. Also the mandate says all upgrades and changes will have to be reported for all to see, so the teams can't hide things between themselves and the FIA either. (Really good news for the engineering fans like myself)

So there is no reality where they can hide these parts. The FIA are crazy and will tolerance check things down to less than a mm, which is why merc failed the wing test on the right side of hamilton's car last year. These tests are no joke.
M5Rick60840.50