View Single Post
      08-31-2020, 10:37 PM   #28
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Ok, so my 8yr old twins just started "virtual learning" today. We had already bought them laptop computers for 2nd grade, but the school board spent $25mil for newer computers for every kid to have, so we took them. My wife stayed home today and it was a cluster fuck. Some neighborhoods in our area lost their internet connection due to the overload. We had a small power surge and then my kids got knocked off and it was a PITA to get back on. Tomorrow we start the "pod" where my wife will host four other kids with my son, and my daughter will go to another house. Since we put our kids together this year, the first time since they were in mommy and me, it should be easier as they will have the same learning schedule. However they couldn't be left unsupervised for more than three minutes. At the end of the day my wife asked them what they learned and both gave completely different answers, both of which proved that they learned zilch.

We aren't yet in Phase 2, but when we do enter it the schools will have to open two weeks after. The teachers union here has filed a lawsuit to stop going back to school, so that will will have to be settled first even though the state has mandated going back to school.

I can't see my kids getting a proper education virtually, and the third grade is very important stage in their education. This is a complete cluster fuck, and my wife and I are so upset with this poor attempt to educate out young children.