Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
My Duralast H6 AGM isn't holding a charge anymore after 4.5 years. The car had always felt weak starting since day 1 - you know, the feeling that the starter is strained? But it always turned over, just not as quickly as my X5. It gave me a scare on a few cold mornings. Decided to put in an Bosch H7 AGM today since Pep Boys is running a 25% off until the end of the month. WOW - the starter seemed so energized - No more slow, belaboring turning over! I am more than happy to sacrifice a bit of weight gain for the reassurance that it won't die on me on a cold day.
Well...the Bosch AGM died just after about 2 years. It held a charge (showing 12.2V to 12.4V), but no CA to start the car. Luckily caught this in my drive way. Got to test out Pep Boys' 4 years free replacement warranty and happy to report there was no hassle - just took it to the back for a quick test and handed me a brand new battery. They no longer carry the Bosch branded battery and had switched to this Champion one. My internet poking indicated that Bosch was made by Exide and this new Champion is made by Johnson Control (Clarios). I don't think it matters much as it's pretty much a crapshoot with batteries as I have a similar Bosch (H8) in my X5 for over 7 years and it's still going strong - will need to preventative swap that one out soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50