07-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #117
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
For me, it's the sacrifice of performance, not straight line performance, but overall performance, braking, handling, etc. That's why I'd say E63 AMG wagon all day and every day. Wagons like that allow you to have your cake and eat it too, massive storage/transportation ability and massive performance. If we are going to throw the peformance/fun factor out the window, then sure, it doesn't matter, buy a van.
Agreed that it's the mega wagon but at the price point I'd rather buy a run of the mill E Class wagon and a 1M. It's too much car for my wife and quite frankly I'd start picking up speeding tickets again. Price point is a touch high. Trying to keep it below 50k, hopefully in the 30-40 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
E63 AMG wagon would definitely be more fun, but the E350 with sport trim is 85% of the E63 for half the price. Less maintenance cost too which may matter over time.
This was exactly my thought. I'm not looking to maintain an E63 out of warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
My advice is to buy car seats to do the job rather than a new car to fit cheap car seats

When my wife and I were shopping car seats for our daughter that had to fit in our 1er we came across car seats that could be fit 3 or even 4 across the back seat.

Sure, they're expensive, but not as expensive as buying a new car.

No reason to buy a minivan unless you have more than 3 kids.
Exactly. Wasn't really an issue with the 2 so I'm adjusting! On paper it looked like the narrow styled seats wouldn't quite fit but it looks like there's a solid chance.

I bought a pair for my bigger kids and I think I can fit 2 of these with the infant seat in an E91. The construction and materials are a world ahead of the Gracos we have. I couldn't imagine putting a kid under 2 years old in one of these. Both our toddlers are over 35lbs, so I think we're ok.

Appreciate 0