08-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #87
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westersund View Post
Alright, I'll have my brother to do a testprint!

Update. After the first successful CFRP backing plate funnel we started printing 4. However the filament clogged the feeder tube or whatever it's called, it's some sort of plastic tube. The theory is that it didn't handle the extra heat the CFRP needed (even though it should), that tube is now changed to a titanium tube. If this doesn't work a new fan will be installed. These trail and errors are quite annoying with the new printer. Hopefully we're past that soon enough. Another try today.
The titanium tube didn't work as expected. Even though the printer is spec'd at 290 degrees celsius in printing temperature is seems the 265 degrees the CFRP requires is too much. The heat creeps up from the nozzle and eventually the feeder tube gets so hot it melts the filament in the feeder tube causing it to clog. An adapter is being printed to accomodate a new larger fan for the feeder tube and we'll see if that works.