View Single Post
      06-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
tIndy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i

A step beyond in dash GPS

I have been watching many forums for the past couple of years and I have been wanting something beyone GPS. On my phone I have Google Maps/Waze, Raindar (weather radar), and Spotify (Music). So, I began searching for something that will allow those apps, but in a larger format.

Here is what I have come up with, a Samsung 8" tablet with ATT service. The setup allows me to download maps and music for those limited service areas, but still have real time weather radar.

I ordered a tablet case, a long/powerful magnetic mount, and magnetic plates, all from Amazon.

Here is the magnetic mounnt.

The tablet connects to the car via bluetooth and plays hours of music with out having to burn data, as Spotify allows you to have offline music.

We drove to Branson and attended this year's ZFest the tablet was used the entire trip.

When we got to a rest area or restaurant, I pulled the tablet off the magnetic mount and brought it with me.

BTW... the steering wheel controls also work with this setup.

The next part of the project will be to reroute the USB charger/plug through the dash. I want the ashtray closed.

Last edited by tIndy; 06-03-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 2
wdb4732.00
StickMon636.00