VeloF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82, 996 Turbo S, E46 & E36

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
Lewis didn't have to defend anything, he was ahead turning into the corner and was on his racing line when Max broke late and was alongside Lewis only at the apex when it was too late for two cars to be in that spot.
Anyone who has raced at any level or even driven on the track competitively knows that if you are alongside a car approaching the corner, that corner belongs to the inside driver.
Max was outside forcing his position into a tight spot after very late braking and he simply chose to take his main competitor out and maintain the leading championship position.
Did he expect a point by from a raining champ?
I am not even a fan of Lewis but how can anyone blame him in this situation is beyond me.
I am going to say that Max is a very talented and fast driver, but he is also the dirtiest driver out there and he knows that the only way he can beat Lewis is by dirty tactics. Period.
Maybe. Yet, I respectfully disagree. Plus, You didn’t mention Lewis just exited pits on cold tires and should have given a bit more room.

Regardless, this is racing and a close call like that doesn’t deserve a penalty.