08-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
Residentj3553
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
Here's how I did mine, but I can only vouch for the exhaust if you're using a C300 hub.

Keep in mind it's a closed-loop system that will "adapt" as long as you're within ±10°.
If you're just a few degrees off and you get a code, something else is wrong.
Are you sure it's within ±10°?

Update: I went and bought a much better OBD II reader and was given the 2A98 code for cam to crankshaft correlation and a code for a throttle actuator error which probably explains the limp mode.

Talking to Raj over at Beisan Systems. Very, VERY kind and Informative guy. He explained that the exhaust cam actually advances after every shutoff so the cam not being lined up after starting the car is normal and nothing to worry about... instead he says the code is for the intake cam so I redid the process AGAIN and sure enough my intake cam was the one not lined up correctly. He walked me through how to adjust the cams without removing Vanos completely and put it back together. Drove it around all night. No codes came up!
The next morning I start up and the same code comes back and car doesn't run as smooth.

Gonna give it another go and remove the Vanos this time and take my time with the timing. Very strange.
Mods: ProFlex E85 Flexfuel kit, Eventuri Carbon Intake w/ RPI scoop, Megan Headers, Custom Axle-back exhaust, KW V3 Coilovers, Stoptech ST40 BBK, Poly FCABs, APEX PS-7s, Diode Dynamics Headlights, CF Trunk Spoiler, Sideskirts & Diffuser.
Appreciate 0