View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #14
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Took the Z out for its first mountain run yesterday up in the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. It was 80F outside (warmest day on record for Feb 12th). Car did really fantastic considering I haven't even done anything apart from spark plugs, fluids and air filter. One thing that bothered me is just how quiet this car is. You can definitely hear induction noise which is nice, but just not much. I don't want get a raspy exhaust setup, but I wouldn't mind maybe getting a set of headers down the road.

Purchased a complete set of used OEM brakes that I'll throw on the car while I rebuild the calipers.

So far, so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
wow! Great pick up. Didn't even notice your lineup change until I saw your pics in the signature, so I made my way here to comment.

I've been eyeing the Z4Ms as well. There are a ton of cabs for sale and not many hardtops. Your pictures just shows that underneath a $20 wash and shine, there's a ton of issues, granted many of the issues are "wear and tear" for a 10 year old car, but still, the leaks and dented rotor that likely caused the vibration...to the prior owner...com'on man!

IMO, you shouldn't mod the car other than doing the vanos servicing. Keep it stock, maybe swap out for some BBS CHs or AVG 359 style wheels, you already got a heavily modified car and a 20 year old tin box. This one should just be your summer roadster, you'll want it comfy..
Hey man, long time no speak! They're seriously fun cars, I'd highly recommend you go test drive one and see what you think. I personally think they've hit the bottom of their depreciation curve.

As for this car, it's more or less what I expected. Considering I paid well under $20k for it, I think I got it for a steal. Most cars this price have 130k miles or have been in accidents, while mine is a 2 owner, no accident car with a really nice color combo. I kind of bought it as a fixer upper, but so far, it's been less work than I thought I'd need to do (knock on wood).

But I think you've given me an idea. Might go "conservative" modding wise on this car and go a bit bolder with my E92

Btw, there's no such thing as comfy with this car. It's somewhere between Sport and Sport+ on our E9x's. But I might just do some OEM E46 M3 CSL wheels and call it a day.

How's the E9x running?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0