View Single Post
      01-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Got the car back on the road Friday night. Boy oh boy do fresh fluids make a HUGE difference. The gear shifts are so much smoother, diff is quieter, and spark plugs/air filter/MAF cleaning also made the engine run smoother. All of that was much needed. I have no doubt the car now needs valve adjustment as I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been done in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Nice progress.

First thing I did when I bought my coupe was to do a CDV delete (can't believe BMW put one on these cars) and swap the OE shift knob for a lighted ZHP knob (if was doing it now I'd probably use the lighted F10 M5 knob). Can't believe how much the weighted knob improved the shift feel.

The other thing that really transformed the car for me is that when the stock Conti's finally worse out I put Michelin PSSs on, with wider rubber in the rear (265/18). I found this enhanced rear grip.

Have fun!
Thanks Kevin! The car actually came with a ZHP knob, which is great. I've owned 5 manual BMW's, and that's always been my first mod. Easily my favorite mod for under $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Hate seeing such a nice car neglected like that. It looks like it's in much better hands now. I would definitely be checking the rod bearings, sooner than later.
Already got the Blackstone sample en route to them, should be there on Monday!

I bought this car as a project really, and having seen the car in more detail, I'm really happy with it. Sure it needs things, but the car in general is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
That gold HRE looks great. What are you planning on for wheels?

Way easier working on this car than 3-series huh
Haha, I'm LOVING how big the engine bay is. I did the spark plugs in record time. Literally a fraction of the time it took me the E92's.

I'm not sure about the wheels yet as I want to focus on maintenance and repairs. As much as I want another set of HRE's, I think I'll go with something more affordable this time around. While the ARC-8 is super popular, I think I might go for a set of those.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0