mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Well, productive weekend.

Got the radiator in place and mocked up some brackets for the oil cooler:

Found the power steering radiator a cute little home:

Made a bunch of -10AN hoses, figured out where the oil cooler thermostat lives, and got a bit unhappy with how close the lines run to the CSL airbox :

Super, super thanks to my buddy Chris for spending the weekend with me on this. Making hoses with the two-piece AN fittings is both easier than I thought and a complete bastard of a way to spend a day.

Have some 45 and 30 degree fittings coming to replace the straight fittings currently attached to the oil cooler outlet / inlet on the oil filter block - the hoses foul the underside of the airbox a bit, so I want to gently arc them over the alternator. Everything otherwise clears the airbox and other stuff, so I just need to make some nice brackets and line holders, get decent fasteners for the radiators, and tie the bottom brackets for the oil / PS coolers to the bottom of the rad brace.

Also got irritated with the stock fan shroud, so I ordered a SPAL 16" high-flow unit.

Nowhere near as fancy as I'd thought I might have to get for the radiators. Everything packages nicely there, even the oil accumulator - it looks like it should foul the inside of the bumper there, but unless I'm greatly mistaken it will sit right in behind the kidney grilles, snug as a bug in a rug.
Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00