View Single Post
      05-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #46
tecnicaeleven
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Cooper S / 07 M Roadster

Quote:
I have the Tekarbon mirrors. They are definitely OEM mirros with an overlay. Pretty decent quality. No issues with the weave, good coloring. I wish the clear coat was done better, but you really cant tell unless you are on top of it. I was on their backorder for quite a while. We (z4 people) do not take a priority at all. Like... it may never happen. So, to summarize, while I'm happy with my Tekarbon caps, and plenty happy enough not to replace, the quality of the existing Skyer products I have is better than my mirrors.
This was my post from January of this year. I made comment then that I wasn't thrilled with the clear coat quality. My feelings were right. After seeing the Tekarbon mirrors for sale by a different user that have come delaminated, I went to check mine. Sure enough, it is beginning on mine as well; which is quite disheartening. I paid good money and waited a very long time for them. Also, this car is a summer weekend warrior at best and garage parked. Those caps probably dont have 10 hours of sun on them this year. Perhaps Tekarbon built these with higher quality in the past. I am a recent build. So as for now, I cannot in good faith recommend Tekarbon caps to anyone - its a bad investment.

Now, my Skyer spoiler - which was installed at the same time as the caps - looks great, just like the day I put it on. And ironically, probably have many many hours of sun since I leave my garage open and the ass end of the car catches the sunset daily. Kudos to Skyer.

So.... to conclude. Put me down on the list Jordan. I will replace my current caps with Skyer caps once they are made
Appreciate 1