Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I haven't had any encounters on the road, but have had co-workers or family members make comments about it. Most know nothing about cars, and assume it is newer than it really is. Once in the 325 someone made a comment about how my daddy must've bought it for me. They were in a newer Suburban. I said you realize this thing is 11 years old right (at the time), and your Suburban cost more than this did new? They shut up after that.

I never understood the prejudice, honestly. I mean you can get a brand new 320i or base model Benz for a bit over 30 grand. Meanwhile the people who look down on you for driving something "expensive" are riding around with mountains of debt driving their $70k luxury trucks and SUVs.

It doesn't bother me, I could care less what people think, but it always reminds me just how ignorant people are.
Facts...I was literally just having this exact conversation with my buddy earlier today. The ignorance is real lol