View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 03:57 PM   #27
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Tracked it this weekend. Changed pads at the track. Took me ~15 minutes, and I could do it in 5 if I was hustling. It's a lovely setup!

As for performance, it's night and day over the stock brakes and DS2500 pads. I am not sure how much is pads vs BBK, but man an AP Racing Radical Pro 5000R set of calipers with Ferodo DS1.11 pads is a really great set up!

I got my personal best lap time at The Ridge down to a 1.59.32 from a 2.00.46. Lots more to improve upon (at least getting to a consistent 2 flat would be my next step hehe).

I definitely have a lot to learn on how to brake properly with this setup; I think I was causing the ABS to kick in. Need more time on it, but super happy with it after 1 track day. I absolutely love how easy it is to change pads!

That's awesome! Very interested in this, the work you were doing looked outstanding.

I recall looking at those some time back, seemed like good pads & compounds. Do you have any personal experience with them?

It was actually your thread on here that helped my shop figure it out. THANKS for that! Super unnerving when driving on a track. I was still able to turn decent lap times, but was constantly wondering if the brakes were going to give up - it was that feeling that made me decide to do the AP Racing BBK.

Super happy with the AP Racing BBK. Now I need to learn to drive much better!

Cheers!
Eamonn
Super! Glad it helped!

Poop in your pants kind of scary when the brake pedal drops 3/4 of the way with no resistance LOL.