View Single Post
      03-28-2019, 06:04 AM   #1
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Vanne's lightweight Interior CF door skins

Hi Guys, this thread isn't meaning to compete with the other lightweight door skin thread. This is just mine, and is a work of progress that hopefully you guys might enjoy.

First rough sketch..

Initial rough sketches included a GT3 style door pull.. even though this looked great, I couldent work out the mechanism to be of such quality that I would be 100 percent certain it wouldn't fail after a crash/fire/ When it would be 100 percent required to work. So I re-did the sketch using the OEM door openers. I believe this is THE SAFTEST option.

2x2 twill turned up today,

ordered the super strong resin. (thanks Josh

NOTE: these door skins require you to remove the armrest support from the door. (after removal of the OEM door skin) Its quite easy to remove the 3 rivets with a small drill bit. These door skins are also designed with a requirement to have the airbags removed from the door.

Disclaimer: If you don't know how to do basic modifications, then these door skins are not for you and please move along. these door skins require you to remove your airbags. I won't go into in this thread on how to do that, its up tp you to do that. I reserve the right yada yada yada..