08-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #17
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

From a performance perspective, it may out-perform the Z4M, but the visceral driver input via a 6 speed manual is entirely lost in a paddle shifted experience which our Subaru Outback has.
I agree. But the problem with the manual box car is that nobody is buying them these days. Reminds me of a good story. My wife and I had one car for eight years from 1989 to 1997: an '89 VW Golf Wolfsburg with a 5 speed manual. So we can both drive stick well enough. The rarity of this skill was amply demonstrated when a couple of years back, my wife's work colleague took ill at the office (bad flu, all well after a few days at home) and somebody was needed to drive his prized Porsche 911 back to his house. Not a single one of the big burly F150 / Ram driving engineers at her company could manage it - but they were all shocked and more than a little red-faced when the wife piped up and said "sure, hand me the keys".

And by the way, am I correct in thinking that the European version of the G29 will have manual shifts available, or did I dream that I read that somewhere?

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.

Last edited by Huz-Z; 08-17-2018 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
Reborn_295.00