View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #21
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Actually, I bought a refundable round-trip ticket on SWA this afternoon. I'm flying in to Oakland tomorrow and someone from the dealer is picking me up. I have an appointment for a PPI at SAS German Auto, about 3 miles from the dealer.

My BMW mechanic friend ran the service history and there isn't much history. Potential red flags are the brakes being replaced at 1700 miles due to warped rotors (tracked?) and he said that it appeared to be a demo car initially. It's only been for service twice besides that for regular maintenance and the last maintenance was done in 2010 at 17,000 miles. CarFax shows one owner, no accidents reported, and service at 10,804 miles when the car was 1.5 years old, then at 12,096 miles two months later. CarFax doesn't show the 2010 service.

The sales guy confirmed that there is no wheel rash, no wear on the steering wheel or seats and they all looked almost like new. He said that the body is free of any dings or dents but there appears to have some curb rash on the front splitters. The M Mobility System and the tool pouch don't appear in the photo of the trunk so the sales guy is looking into that.

If the PPI looks good I'll be driving the car home tomorrow. Thinking about taking the coast highway down and stopping in Cambria for the night.

BTW, what were the OEM tires? What are people putting on for replacements? I'd like the Michelin Pilot Super Sports myself.

I sure hope this one checks out!

Appreciate 0