View Single Post
      07-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
bluecobra
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
Thanks for the great feedback! I wasn't expecting someone with both a Z4 M and an S2000 to respond, let alone two people, but I guess if one is into roadsters that there were only three players in the game at that time in this price range.

My S2000 has not been without it's repair costs. The transmission has been rebuilt twice, once under warranty with the "stacking clearance" issue, and another on my own dime a couple of years ago, although that's the only issue I've had. I autocrossed and tracked it pretty heavily for about 3-4 years starting within a year after I got it. Even with that I think that I'm only on the third set of pads at 90,000 miles..
My wife drives the S2000 daily and has for 7 years. That is the main reason that it hasn't needed any major repairs..., well, that and because it is a Honda. The only time it gets into VTEC is when I take it to the store to fill it up with gas for her What can I say, I am a nice guy.

She loves the Z4 and would really like a roadster but she is a bit put-off by the things that I done to mine since I got it and the cost. The MCoupe was bought because I had been looking forever for another E46 M3 but just could not find one that fit my specs. I did not even know that they had put the S54 into the Z4 and had never seen a coupe. Once I knew that, my search widened to the Z4. It sounds like you are handy so you can probably do most of the maint on your own. That will save alot. I changed the tranny and diff fluid on mine and the fluid alone was over $300. But the dealer near me is pictured under the word "BMW Stealership" in the dictionary.

Anyway, good luck in your search.
Appreciate 0