View Single Post
      06-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #39
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
I have been so frustrated looking for slightly lighter than stock rims that look OK (to me) and have the (close to) right offsets to not necessitate (large) spacers and/or centering rings and are 18x8.5/18x9.5 that I am close to buying a set of SSR GT2-H rims (19x8.5 21 lbs) all around and running a square 245 setup.

Looking at this post it seems I may be better off stock than a square setup.

One question though - What are your thoughts on running a 255 width tire on a 8.5" wide rim?
Curious if you ever ran the square 245 setup.

I have some stock Z4M rims coming next week as my AutoX/Track rims. I have a set of 1/2 used up 245/45 r18 Z1 star specs in my garage from my previous car I used to AutoX. Since I did not get my full money's worth from the tires I have considered mounting these tires on the rims to start with until they are used up. Another option is to run the 245 star specs up front and use the used stock contis (255) that are coming on the wheels for the rear. All of this to avoid purchasing brand new star specs for a while. I am a little concerned that te 245's will be too small in back but I assume it would greatly reduce the understeer - maybe way too much!

Any comments? Suspension is stock, will pull alignment pins to get as much negative front camber as I can.
Appreciate 0