11-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #21
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian915 View Post
Check this out before you buy an Afe! Post shows an actual Dyno printout not a feel and hear review.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...3222&hl=intake
Well thank you for posting about the results of an intake for a 550i and trying to apply it to a z4. Its comparing apples to oranges.... Just because a product doesn't work on one car doesn't mean all their products are crap. Thats like saying because BMW made one bad car all the other are bad too. Infact here is a quote from that thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I am the guy that put up the money for the AFE for my E60 M5 that was dyno'd at RPI. I have no affiliation with RPI and am nothing more than a Dyno customer at their shop (I do have the scoops, however). I am a former AFE owner from my E46 M3 and had great luck with that one. So I decided to sack up and throw down the $$$ to be the guinea pig for this one.
It seems to me that the only guys that are having trouble with this intake are the e60 guys. You don't need to go around like Paul Revere posting in every AFE thread saying that there products sucks. I posted my "feel and hear review" to give my take on the intake. I even said in my "feel and hear" that I didn't know if it made power or not but I posted that review to share my take on the intake. Also I said that the stock intake scoop needs to be replaced. To me this is the biggest bottle neck in getting fresh air to either the stock intake or the AFE. With out getting rid of this bottle neck you right in that the AFE will suck in warm air. Mostly becuase with the stock up turned intake scoop (don't know how it is on the e60) does a horrible job or getting air to the filter. RPI proved this by making there scoops and showing that this was a large bottle neck with dyno runs.

Oh here is a picture of what must be the most expensive "hot air intake" of all time.... but what does BMW know when making intakes?

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 1