View Single Post
      05-12-2018, 01:37 AM   #7
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Sorry to hear of your loss, I went through that last year. I think nothing of dogs in cars—I had a GT3 at one point, seat protection, a harness for my buddy that I attached to the seatbelt. People's jaws would drop, I didn't care. Z4 or Z3 he's with me.

He's a McNabb Border Collie just shy of 50 lbs and super tall and lanky. He can't really curl up or lay in the seat easily so he just sits like a person most of the time. He seems ok with it.

Might be the breed, but he's created a job of looking out for dangerous drivers (he lets me know, he's amazingly accurate), staring down lane encroachers, and being an organic safety measure.

The harness attached with a carabiner to the seatbelt ensures he stays put with windows open and has an anchor in case of a collision (which honestly is less likely with him helping manage the road). I also use a yoga mat to help him get traction on the seat and not slip.

If you can get him to sit and not lie down you'd be set. He may find a way to be comfortable. Pic of my guy in the Z3 below, that's his usual serious focus.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
StickMon636.00
unluky7528.00