View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #32
aten
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 BMW Z4 3.0i

+1 for the Tunai Firefly.

I was working with Grom Audio support and turns out my Z4 didn't have the CD Changer enabled and would have to get coded at a dealer or shop. So decided to try out Tunai and it works great.

I had the ash try aux but ended up relocating the aux input and added usb power source to the glove box (keeping the ash try door open was unsightly, imo).

The USB power tapped into fuse #47 (radio). This means the bluetooth turns on and off with the radio which allows it connect automatically when you get in the car. (the cigarette lighter power is always hot, annoyingly...)

To clean it up I 3d printed something to house the aux and USB port that follows the odd interior profile of the glove box. Any bluetooth dongle with aux would work in my setup. I just like the size of the tunai.

If anyones interested in getting the CAD files dm me. IMO its a cheaper and simpler alternative to the GROM (if you have a 3d printer..), which I'm sure is good but $200 vs $40...especially if your install requires extra work from the nominal.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
pyshin110.50
wdb4732.00