08-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #7
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion_2 View Post
I appreciate the response. I’m familiar with the factors at play, just trying to get input about the specific question I had. Since you’ve used the bolts, would you say it would be easier to install them the same time as the coil overs since the stock bolts have to be removed anyway, or would you recommend waiting until taking the car for alignment?

All the threads I’ve read seem to indicate the bolts can be a pain in the butt to install sometimes due to the holes not wanting to align when the rest of the suspension components are together. I’m trying to avoid causing the alignment shop a headache.
Woops sorry that response was actually to XMetal asking if you had camber plates or not.

I have been able to put them in in the past with the suspension on the car. It can be a bit hard to line up the bolts... suspension needs to be unloaded and you just need to loosen the upper knuckle to strut bolt and that gives you the play you need to line everything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns_e85 View Post
Make sure you factor in what tire you want to run as well in this equation. I did what u/F360C did originally when I got my coilovers and was fine. HOWEVER afterwards when I went to 275s upfront, I had to remove the extra shim due to tire interference on the strut.
I am at this point now...I run the 275s up front too but with the new MCS coilovers I can't get the car to the height/camber I want. So I am going to try a 10mm spacer and the camber bolts.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 1