03-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #33
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
Thanks so much for your insight regarding the Diff. Never would have thought DINAN could fail at the rebuild. I'm still relatively new to all of this. Started autoX last year and had a blast. Will continue this year, and hope to get on the track a few times as well. I should probably spend my $ on driving/training right now vs moding the car. It's just a hard bug to resist.

Looks like you've done a lot to your car...what's the best mod you've done?
Trying to find the direction to take my car and appreciate any advice.
haha then we should definitely meet up sometime. Maybe come with me to track once, and see if you like it. I'm sure you will though
I'm currently signed up for the following track days, all at Laguna Seca:
March 28th w/ Trackmasters
March 29th w/ Trackmasters
April 11th w/ NCRC
April 19th w/ NCRC

I can't really say which mod is the best thus far, since I've done so many. And in my opinion, ALL of them have been enjoyable haha
But highlights?
- AS SSK (since we drive manual, we literally shift all the time, and the AutoSolutions SSK is probably THE best kit available; changes the entire driving experience).

- UUC clutch stop along with CDV delete dramatically enhances clutch engagement/feel. I LOVE how my car shifts XD

- I'm a huge Volk fanatic haha, I own three sets of TE37's/LE37's; one set on each of my three cars hehehe

- I also really like my SuperSprint mufflers. I heard countless sound clips and sat in many cars before I made my decision. Super Sprint is the only one for the Z4M that I've found to have the best high-pitched tone, and also a pretty decent low-end grunt/growl. I really despise metallic rasp, which is why I opted out of many of the other popular exhausts out there.

- And of course, I like my gearing upgrade haha

- Along with headers, and ECU tune. These really enhance the car

- Oh, and how could I forget, my TCK coilovers + TCK camber plates up front, all corner-balanced and custom aligned

- and Sparco Rev bucket seats. WORLD of difference in handling characteristics

- Nitto NT05 tires help a lot too lol.

Last edited by mfanatic325; 03-01-2011 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0