02-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my last post. When was it that you saw the car? If it was June 2010 or after, it wasn't me or my car.

I was saying that I think you saw my car (which wasn't my car at the time) but not me. I bought the car in june of last year and know it was in the SJ area from purchase up till June. Either way, IL Blue is the best color! Just hope I'm the only one in the bay area rockin it!

BTW you still liking the 3.91? I want to make an offer on the one for sale but not quite sure I'm ready for it.
Ah, yeah, it wasn't you then. Cuz the one I saw was back in like...October or November 2010.

haha, my buddy (forum alias dorifto88) also drives a interlagos blue MC. He's from Sacramento, but works down here in San Jose.

3.91 is nice, especially if you're planning on going FI down the road (as I am). 4.10 will be too much with FI imho.

The 3.91 diff setup is pretty pricey imo. My total cost was ~$1500 to rebuild my diff and put the 3.91 ring & pinion in. I haven't yet sold my stock 3.62, otherwise that $1500 could very likely be less

People are usually just wary of getting their diffs rebuilt, but little do they know that companies such as Turner or DINAN do the exact same thing, and charge you an arm and a leg for all the labor and shipping expenses. I did some research on this prior to doing my gearing upgrade the way I did (piece by piece) because I found that even DINAN can improperly rebuild a diff. I've heard of a customer that had to have DINAN redo his diff 2 or 3 times due to NVH (noise, vibration, or harshness).
Plus, I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of service that the shop I went to provided. I highly suggest Performance Technic in Pleasanton if you're going to do a rebuild, or even for just a diff install. They're so awesome, words cannot describe. You literally just hafta go in person and check them out yourself
Appreciate 0