02-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJ View Post
Salty, epic tear down, but I wish you had PM'ed me. From the looks of your last two pics I think you could have used my DIY and saved huge pain. Basically you go thru the trunk and can push the bottom compartment within the center console forward to get to the cables. Although being upside down at one point in my trunk was challenging

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497843

Congrats on removing the center console door, its a major Indiana Jones and the temple of doom puzzle, even with the BMW instructions. Yours are a good bit clearer.

Have fun in the twisties
Bruce
Bruce, thanks. I must have not been holding my mouth right, because I tried on and off for several weeks to do everything through the trunk. I was dreading having to take everything part, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get that storage compartment to budge. I knew the wires were just underneath it, but couldn't get to them. I even tried using a nylon pry tool to see if I could just flex the bottom up a bit to get at the wires, but no go.

Did you remove the two screws under the rubber inserts in the lower shelf before trying to push it forward from behind? Maybe that was the step I was missing.

On the bright side, I've now had my entire interior disassembled (except dash removal), pulled carpet, removed seats, etc (for other projects), so I know how everything fits together if I ever need to access anything in the future.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0