View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sub'd

I have an existing 2-camera system that has pretty good placement in terms of coverage, but the clarity isn't there. Since I already invested to have someone pull wiring, I'm pretty much stuck with the BNC/power options, although I've recently seen that there are still a ton of those with greatly improved camera optics. Just haven't pulled the trigger on replacement cameras/DVR. I don't need audio.

The existing system, I KNOW that fauqer when I see him walk up his driveway across the street, after parking another vehicle he is repairing on the street. But no plates. I can't even legitimately read the door panel on the tow truck that drops the vehicle. And I've seen there are newer systems where I could block the trees moving in the wind from activating recording.

I'm not interested in monitoring from my phone, just when I get home.

Recently had perfect video evidence of this yahoo who was working across the street. Went to park, backed up and pulled my mailbox down the side of the truck. He got out, looked at it, and the mailbox stayed on the post so he just went about his business. The mailbox was only held in place by a few threads and gravity when I got home. Submitted the video to the water company (who hired him to do repairs) and they paid for the materials I used to replace the post.
Appreciate 0