View Single Post
      09-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #1
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

E86 polycarbonate windshield

I want to gauge interest in buying a polycarbonate windshield from those of us in the US that track our Coupes.

I'm looking to replace my windshield with a lighter and stronger polycarbonate (aka Lexan) windshield. Mine is now pretty pitted and has a cateye. At the moment, the only source I can find is Plastics 4 Performance in the UK. I bought my rear window from them. They make good stuff, but their windshield is a bit pricey compared to US sources of polycarbonate windshields. Shipped, P4P wants $900 usd. For comparison, Racing Shields in Indiana charges about $550 for a hard coated windshield. They make a windshield for about every BMW that sees track use from E30 to E92, but not E86. I've had a conversation with Peggy at Racing Shields and she is willing to consider making them if there is interest.

At this point, I'm not looking to put together a group buy, although I suppose that could happen. It would certainly be helpful if I could let her know how many she may be able to sell if they invest in the mold (basically they just buy a glass windshield and melt the polycarbonate onto it's shape). Or maybe better yet, if you have interest give them a call so she hears it first hand.

For more info:
https://www.shieldswindshields.store...te-windshield/
Appreciate 0