04-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #78
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
Thanks for the maps but how would you go about using it to navigate? I found an app called inRoute that I found very useful for me. It allows waypoint navigation, something that google maps doesn't support on the iPhone. I simply set the Start, all the waypoints in between to cover my fav roads and the destination as you would in creating maps in google maps. The difference is that I can get voice navigation through those waypoints. It's extremely helpful for exploring new areas I'm not familiar with. The app also tells you elevation, curviness, expected temperature and precipitation of your route so it's great for cross-country road trips. Oh, and it supports the use of .gpx files but sometimes the waypoints need tidying up.

Just thought I'd share what I use to avoid the hassle of figuring out directions and enjoying my cruise. I'm excited to join you guys for the Spring Cruise.

This message was NOT sponsored by the developers of the inRoute app haha

On a different note, any way we can incorporate a mini-swap meet type of thing with this cruise? There are a few things I'd like to get rid of and it'd be a good chance to do that while we're mostly together.. just a thought
I know the area quite well and could lead; but I prefer someone else.

Any app or navigation is good to me...I'm just suggesting the route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I was thinking maybe meet for breakfast in Orangeville or Shelburn and do lunch at blue mountain some where?
Sounds good to me.
Appreciate 0